Monday, December 5, 2011

Images, few words - You Go Girl Accomplishments I should be "proud" of instead of whining about what I haven't done. Huhn!





Well, you all know I rarely put stuff up here on my blog, or anywhere else, about my books - but over the last weeks I've been all whiny - thinking about what I have NOT accomplished. Then, this morning, I slapped myself upside my head and thought, "Hon; dear; look at what you HAVE accomplished." And among those things are these. I'm taking today to give myself a "you go girl."

Along with those novels, a novella, and a novel to be released in March, I've written and had published poetry and essays and stories and photographs - have I stopped to think, "Hey . . . cool!" or have I thought, "Yeah but . . ." or "Don't talk about your stuff because it sounds like bragging and that's UGH and unseemly" . . .

Those Yeah Buts and other admonishments are sneaky lil stinkers, aren't they? Huhn.

What about you? What's your "you go girl/guy" moment(s)?

see you Wednesday!
------ -- sometime later in the Magendie Little Log House in the cove at Killian Knob------

 PS! - y'all - I'm laughing because ever since I posted this I've wanted to take it down. I really do not do well with talkin' bout my stuff . . . ungh ungh! . . . haw! Dang . . . *kat looks at the delete key - considerrrrrs -- connnnnssssiiiderrrrrs -- * :-D

11 comments:

Susan R. Mills said...

You have every right to a "you go girl" moment! Congrats on all of your accomplishments.

Karen Jones Gowen said...

Way to go, girl! And I know I'd love your books, so I'm putting Sweetie on my TBR list.

Eryl said...

This seems like the right time to tell you I put Tender Graces on the reading list for one of my writing classes. We discussed it last week, they loved it, raved about your use of language. And now they understand a little more about pushing the boundaries of standard English, when necessary, to serve the story. I believe they have all rushed out and ordered Secret Graces now.

Titus said...

Yay! You go girl!

And they're good, good books.

Anita said...

Lady, you have every right to brag now and again! You are an excellent writer and I love your books!

Marguerite said...

I agree with everyone here! You are a fabulous, talented writer and you have earned the right to highlight and promote your many accomplishments! You go girl! :)

Karen S. Elliott said...

You should have an atta girl on all these accomplishments. And not only that, but what I've read, your accomplishments are AWESOME. I recommend your books to anyone who will listen. I've read Tender Graces and The Firefly Dance (Petey), and love love love.

Talli Roland said...

Look at all you've done - wow! Go girl, indeed!It's hard to slow down and take in our accomplishments. I really need to do more of that.

Talli Roland said...

Look at all you've done - wow! Go girl, indeed!It's hard to slow down and take in our accomplishments. I really need to do more of that.

Barbara Forte Abate said...

First things first--Get your finger of that delete button and back away from the keyboard, Kat!!! I so understand your conflict with this enormously discomforting business of self-promotion, and I wonder if maybe it's not so much about promoting as it is just being comfortable (thus happily enthusiastic) about our accomplishments. How sad that we so easily convince ourselves that we're "bragging" every time we're so over-the-moon thrilled about our own good news. (I even find it hard to post incoming book reviews and other news on my books very own FB page because it feels so creepy and self-serving.)Your writing is so gorgeous and your accomplishments so special. Enjoy, rejoice, and be assured you're one of the least puffed-up writers I've even known.
BTW, this post appeared on Jane Friedman's blog today. I'm pretty sure it was written for the likes of us: http://sz0076.ev.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/mail?app=mail

Barbara Forte Abate said...

Oops! Sorry about that faulty link. Here's the proper one :-)

http://janefriedman.com/2011/12/06/what-good-salespeople-know/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+JaneFriedman+%28Jane+Friedman%29