Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Time keeps on slippin slippin slippin into some future...


An update on things....

Frank has been transported to the hospital in Dallas. His surgery is for tomorrow - "open heart" surgery to replace valves and by passes and whatever else they will do in there. Frank's in his 80's, so let's all send some strength to him; however, he looked really good yesterday and I was pleased with that - so all your vibes and strength and prayers and whatever you believe has helped: Thank You.

I'm a bit tired, but, it's a beautiful Texas morning.
I know that soon Tender Graces will be out - and I'm keeping one eye there along with an eye on Frank and an eye on my youngest brother Tommy who lives here (and who isn't feeling well right now) - I'm swirling and swirling! But, funny thing is, y'all, I am Strong - you know? you know when that Strength is in your backbone and you feel as if you can hold up your family and friends? Like I am a female Atlas and am holding onto whomever needs me to right now and I can take it, because I feel Strong....fatigued and maybe a little stressed (laugh) but very strong and capable.
I want to say, while I'm thinking about it, that I met Angie Gumbo Writer's momma and can I tell you how honored I felt? HONORED. She is inspirational, just like her daughter--they have a light that blasts out of them and illuminates all who are near them - and all who are far from them. I will cherish that visit for the rest of my life. I cherish Angie and consider her my closest of friends.
I miss my mountain cove...I will not lie. But, sometimes even this self-indulgent writer knows she must put aside the Me of her and tend to what is outside of her own self....

When things settle down, I will come by to visit you - maybe will try this morning while it quiet and Frank is having tests and other such things they do before surgeries...but, then, too, I need to be of help in other ways besides sitting with Frank - so, I will be busy doing those things as well.
Thank you All for your thoughts and wishes.... it is appreciated more than you know and I'll let Frank and my mother know, as well.

10 comments:

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

You are an amazing woman, Kat, but remember you can't hold the world on your shoulders all by yourself. Let others help you, your mom, and Frank as well. As you know, one of the greatest gifts you can give someone is to let them be supportive of you. Love, healing and peace to you all.

Jinksy said...

Love, light and healing to you and yours. x

Angie Ledbetter said...

Sooo sweet and strong you are. Both of these in great measure.

Mom sends her love! (She just woke up and asked me who I was emailing, and yes, she remembers my "little Smokey Mountain friend.") :) Good thoughts and plenty prayers for all there in TX.

Sandra Leigh said...

She is inspirational, just like her daughter--they have a light that blasts out of them and illuminates all who are near them - and all who are far from them.

How wonderful it must be for Angie and her mum to read that tribute. You are a good friend, Kat.

I'm glad that you are feeling strong - but don't forget to take care of yourself.

Sandra - believer in the restorative power of the afternoon nap ;>)

Debbie said...

I am praying for Frank. And you.
And how nice to meet the woman that gave us Angie!

Anonymous said...

He'll continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

Walker said...

Wishing Frank all the best and a speedy recovery.
YOu get some rest too.
Will keep all of you in my thoughts

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

Sending love & strength.
Please remember it's okay to NOT hold everyone else up all the time but to think about your own well-being too...

♥ visit me at www.afiori.com

J.R. Johansson said...

What a kind and wonderful post! Aren't friends wonderful? And yes, Angie and you are both so sweet! I'm sending my strength to Frank and your mom and brother as well.

JOY said...

May healing graces surround you and yours and fill you with light!