Monday, January 17, 2011

How Many Licks Until It's Done - cleaning up our manuscript from the archives (& hotdog suits)

It's Monday, and time for cleaning up our manuscripts, and as I said, for a time I'll post a link or links from the archives until we (I) catch up. It interests me to see on some or many of these archive links I am talking about making my deadline for Secret Graces - that was published before the Sweetie book in November! How time passes so quickly.


Today's archive link is a bit long, so it's the only one I'll link to today. But before I go on: remember that post I wrote about "Minding the Front of the Building" . . .? Well! GMR and I passed by there the other day and now they had someone dressed in a hotdog costume holding a sign and waving to passersby! *Grin* I can't wait to see what they'll do next. I really need to go in and see what's inside. And I am; soon. I'll let you all know what I see.

From the Archives:

How many licks does it take to say "DONE!" Cleaning up our Manuscripts, continued :


How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll tootsie pop? Well, the owl said, “a-one, a-two, tha-ree,” CRUNCH! “Three licks to get to the center of the tootsie roll tootsie pop.”
How many does it take me? I never remember to count. Instead, I just enjoy the tootsie pop until I get to the gooey “chocolate” goodness in the center, and then I happily devour that, too . . . CONTINUED HERE or from link above.

8 comments:

john bord said...

Tootsie pop, now that is something I haven't drooled on in years, thought they had went the way of black cows.

Been browsing the R&T at times, takes me a while to go through.

Carolyn V. said...

I used to chomp on the tootsie pops. But have bad teeth now, so...not so much.

Anonymous said...

Right now, my jaw is sore, 'running out of steam' chewing on the ol' chocolate, this ol short story. But I'll keep going knowing I'm not quite at the 'nugget' yet!

Eryl said...

I have never had a tootsie pop, but I must try and get hold of one!

walk2write said...

A lot of my fillings are probably due to those Tootsie pops! I love those old commercials. Who even remembers most of the newer ones or will think of them years from now? I haven't written a novel so I wouldn't know about the time commitment factor, but several short stories I wrote years ago are getting a makeover. I must have written them while I was in a bad mood:)

Julie Musil said...

I didn't see this original post, so I'm glad you put it up again. I wonder when it's "done." I don't want it to be just good enough. Thanks for your great insight.

Oh, and thanks for the walk down memory land with the sucker commercial. That's exactly the way I eat suckers! Crunch

colbymarshall said...

For me, it takes the number of edit passes it take until it's good, lol :-)

Debra said...

You simply MUST go in that shop and tell us what you see! I can hardly wait!

I love tootsie pops and now I want one!LOL