I lifted this from Angie's Gumbo Writer's blog and put it here before I left for my SIBA conference -- I wonder what I'm doing at the Siba Conference right now - don't know since as I write this, I'm actually sitting in my leather chair in the study....
. . . Answer the questions on your blog, replace one question you dislike with a question of your own invention. Then tag a few people to answer the questions. Of course since I never tag people, and Angie didn't tag people, you can tag yourself if you like!
1) What’s your current obsession? The second VK book – Secret Graces.
2) What’s your weirdest obsession? If I crack one knuckle, I have to crack them all or I feel wonky—so it’s crack crack crack! DANG IT – I just had to crack my knuckles because I even MENTIONED cracking my knuckles—hold on while I do the rest. I also hate people putting their barefeet on me.
3) What are you wearing today? Yoga pants, and my Moondance t-shirt
4) Why is today special? Why not? (OKay, all I could think of was the "I woke up alive" cliche *laugh*)
5) What would you like to learn to do? I wrote about five things and they were
all dangerous or wild, which leads me to believe I want to learn to do something dangerous and wild. But I'd also like to learn how to be patient.
6) What’s the last thing you bought? I can’t remember. Huhn. Now what did I buy? Oh! I think it was the outfit I bought on super duper sale the week before my angry appendix incident - $150 dollar outfit for $15! Whoop!
7) What are you listening to right now? The dryer flipping around my clothes, the dog running up and down the porch. GMR in the kitchen cooking something.
8) What’s your favorite weather? The first warm day of sunshine after going through winter.
9) What’s your most challenging goal right now? I want Tender Graces to be a success while also working on Secret Graces to make that a success, while trying to do my part with Rose & Thorn, all without compromising my friends and family and rest.
10) What are you afraid of? Being ordinary.
11) What's your favorite guilty pleasure? Rich milk chocolate. Oh! And blueberry cobbler ice cream. Oh! And gelato, and cheesecake, …I could go on.
12) Favorite vacation spot? I don’t know; I live where I love to be all the time, but I love going to visit my son and his wife in Oregon, and visiting my family in Texas, and my friends in Louisiana, and my homestate of West Virginia, but going to the ocean once in a while would be nice (which sometimes I do get to do while in Oregon!).
13) What would you like to have in your hands right now? See number 11.
14) What would you like to get rid of? Negative voices.
15) If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go? To see my son in Oregon and give him a big hug and give Sarah his wife a big hug and touch her belly where my granddaughter is about to burst forth into this silly old world.
16) Which language do you want to learn? Blackfoot.
17) What super power would you like to possess? I always say invisibility, but, I would mis-use it -yes, I know I would. It may not be a good idea for me to be able to become invisible at all! So, maybe super strength, or wait! be able to move really really fast but not be any more tired from it - boy, I could clean my house! Oh wait! I thought of another one! Super duper fast Flying so I could fly to Oregon and then fly to Texas and then La - without having to check my bags - just ZIP and I'm there hi y'all, then zip I'm back home.
18) What’s your favorite thing about the city you live in? The Great and Ancient Smoky Mountains and its people.
19) What’s your favorite piece of clothing in your own closet? A silky pair of men’s tailored jammies that I just love to wear, esp after just stepping out of the shower. Maybe not my favorite thing to wear outside of the house, but that’s the first thing that came to mind. A good fitting pair of jeans, a white blouse, my navy blazer, and brown boots always wins it for me.
20) What’s your dream job? I’m living it – editor and writer--but I'd add to that "New York Times Bestselling author of .....
21) What is the last thing that happened that made you laugh really hard? I know it’s SO stupid, but watching America’s Funniest Home videos – last night some people turned around and around on a baseball bat and then stood up and stumbled all over the place and for some reason this just cracks me up--there are others - but I hate the "Slow Mo" or the "Belly, Head, or Crotch" stuff - boring!
22) Do you admire anyone’s style? Jamie Lee Curtis.
23) Describe your personal style. Eclectic.
24) Whose fashion show would you want tickets to? Haven’t a clue, and if I hadn’t of already changed a question, I’d change this one. Hmm…so I’ll pretend it asked what show do you want tickets to and I say “Oprah, but as one of her guests where she gives everyone a copy of Tender Graces while I’m grinning like there’s no tomorrow … eheeheehehe" However, I've always wanted to be on a show where they do those make-overs and step out all doodied up with a cool haircut and make up and clothes.....teeheehehe silly, I know, but still.
25) What talent would you like to have? Dancer – dancers are so lovely – and in such good shape.
26) What are you most proud of? My son; my family; Tender Graces.
27) If you could choose one person to have lunch with who would it be and why? Neil deGrasse Tyson—he’s uber smart but personable and fun; and I love scientists, love watching the science channel or Nova scienceNow, love hearing about String Theory, the Theory of Everything. Love hearing about the Big Bang, about our universe—just love all that.