Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I'm back to the Souuunnds of Silence . . . Hello Mountain my old friend....glad to be near you again . . .


Ahhhhh. I am back on my mountain in my cove at Killian Knob! Oh, the air is cool and sweet. So quiet.

So far, no one has guessed correctly as to where I was with my brother. I flew to Texas, and then a couple of days later, flew with my brother to another city in another state. We didn't want him going alone, since he's had his health problems...although, he felt great and had a wonderful time.

So, what I have decided is: I am going to give a couple of hints and if no one guesses by tomorrow morning, then I will donate a copy of Tender Graces to a library. Which library? Hmmm - that I don't know yet -perhaps someone can name some libraries who have a small budget.

Here are some hints as to where I was with my brother:

It was HOT HOT HOT.
There were a lot of people there.
It is a place you would never expect to see this reclusive writer, ever.
It is a place unlike any other yet it has elements that are like other places.

There are your hints!~ good luck. The first one to guess correctly gets a signed copy of Tender Graces.

I will be back tomorrow to post some photos and I have many stories to tell of my travels.
Oh, and before I go: if you are in the area (western North Carolina) - I will be at Osondu Booksellers on 7/28 for the Tuesday Fiction Book Club at 7PM - anyone is welcome to attend. They have read TG and will be asking me questions. Then August 1, I will be at the Haywood County Book Mania from 9AM to 5PM - there will be 46 or 47 other authors there. Then, August 15, at 7PM I will be at Malaprops Bookstore and Cafe for a reading and signing. Hope to see you there!

Now, try to guess where in the world was kat? I'll be coming by soon to visit you all to see what you've been up to - so much to catch up on and have missed you all....lawdy be!
PS - I hope you were able to get by Barbara at Serenity Gate -where I was her guest! Thank you Barbara! And Ami at Write Out Loud where she also asked questions about Tender Graces and the writing process! Thank you Ami!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Six Flags?

Anita said...

Glad to know you made it home safely and that you enjoyed your trip!

Angie Ledbetter said...

...and she'll be a featured speaker at the Louisiana Book Festival in October! wheeeeeee. :)

Glad you're home. (Got an interview up with our friend Harvey today.)

Travis Erwin said...

I love that cartoon.

Analisa said...

Let me guess Los Vegas,NV that seems miles away from who u r.

Kathryn Magendie said...

Analisa! You are correct! On the guess and on the "miles away from who I am" -- :) congrats - I left a message on your site to send me your address!

Walker said...

Hmmmm I'm still thinking your locked in a Texas airport washroom taking advantage of their wifi until they find you.
Took them 3 days to find me, good luck

Michelle said...

Anywhere hot sounds good to me right now....xxx

Chele said...

Orlando,FL?

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Sounds like Vegas, baby!!! Hope it was great.;-)

Jessica Nelson said...

So did you win any money? LOL

Debbie said...

Vegas! I would never have imagined. Did you gamble?

Gary Carden said...

Any plans to come to City Lights Bookstore in Sylva?