Saturday, July 4, 2009

Here I go round in circles....there I go round like a bird up in the sky












Happy Fourth of July!

Last night I went to GMR's opening night of Til Beth Do Us Part - I loved it! The actors did such a marvelous job -- do you know how hard it is to do comedy? Especially "slapstick" comedy. I was so proud of GMR.... If you are in the Asheville, NC area, call Asheville Community Theater and reserve a ticket! Heck, I have a free comp ticket -feel free to email me and ask for it and I'll arrange to leave it at Will Call for you!

I am going to be at Malaprops Bookstore and Cafe in beautiful downtown Asheville NC on August 15, 2009 at 7PM - please come by and support me at my booksigning if you will be in the area - I'd love to meet you face to face!

I am now on the Author's Page of the Louisiana Book Festival! It is official! I am so excited! As to your comments below *smiling* I am not real sure whether I will be on a panel or speaking, although I did receive an email that implied that; however, until I receive a note telling me for sure I'll be speaking and in what capacity, I am going to assume I will be there as an author at a table with my books and whatever else happens is langniappe (as they say in Louisiana!). So, stay tuned. If you will be in Baton Rouge on October 17, please come to the Book Festival and say hello! Wally Lamb will be there . . . I've never had the pleasure of meeting Wally Lamb. And I've heard Chef John Besh who I have a crush on *teehee* will be there.

I forgot to add: The Haywood County Book Fair -I'll be there! August 1 from 9AM to 5PM!

Y'all have a great weekend! I should have another "Presenting!" tomorrow, and I'll be coming round to visit. *MUWAH*!

4 comments:

Missy B. said...

Malaprops is too far for me. :(

If you ever come closer to Raleigh or even Greensboro, please let me know and I will be there! I would love to meet you too!

Jessica Nelson said...

woohoo! You are a busy woman. :-)

Angie Ledbetter said...

CAN.NOT wait for the LA Book Fest. Congrats!!!

Walker said...

Happy Forth of July and remember if its more than a handful it's not a sparkler so don't light it.
You don't know what kind of trouble you'll get into