Thursday, April 9, 2009

Take me home, or curving roads...to the place I belong! Mountain Mama; I am home....


Home. All the snow melted before I arrived and it has warmed up enough to open the door. The breeze blows the chimes and the creek rushes -- oh home on my mountain cove at Killian Knob!

Last night, our old fat raccoon came calling to the squirrel feeder. She was early --as very old people who go to cafeterias do. Oh, what am I saying? I am like an old country granny sometimes as I eat my dinner at 4'o'clock--while watching Golden Girls (when they are on).

I have so much to do, but last night I slept the sleep of one who is so exhausted they just drop down, drop far down, drop long way down, drop deep into the far reaches of nothingness of sleep. I know I dreamed at some point, but do not remember them. Far far far down I fell. Deep and heavy. I woke only two or three times. This morning when I woke, I was disoriented....where am I? What? Who? When? How? I rose from my bed, the morning sunshine slipping through the windows - and my legs were actually shaky. I blinked. I put on my robe and shuffled to splash my face with cold water. In the kitchen, I poured cup 1 of Deep Creek Blend. We later took a mountain walk to clear my head. It is still a bit swirly, but better.

I hope to get by to visit you today, but if you do not see me today, you will tomorrow. I thank you thank you for still coming by even though I have not been round your places -- please know it is only because of circumstance of the novel and travel and etc.....soon, I will have to work on the second novel draft (oh thank gawd it is partly written already!). What a problem to have though, right? *smiling* -- what a problem to have....ah.

Later my friends. Thank you to all you who have pre-ordered Tender Graces - *muwah* -- and thank you for all your kind words. and for visiting. and for commenting. For everything you do.
(And later I'll tell you some good news I have -- I'm rushing now. )

8 comments:

Sandra Leigh said...

Welcome home, Kat. It sounds as if your body needs some recovery time and bubble baths. And tea in the afternoon. I'm so glad to see you!

Angie Ledbetter said...

Rest up some for the both of us, ya hear?

Y'all.....Kat's TENDER GRACES trailer was just featured at a writer's conference I attended! She's movin' on up. Don't forget us! :)

Jessica Nelson said...

I love the way you write, Kathryn. It's so poetic.
Hope you slept well. :-)

Debbie said...

That's just like a dang writer - leave us hanging like that:)
I'm so happy you are home. The sun came up a little earlier today - I think it was anxious to see you in your cove.

Anonymous said...

Angie, we can say we knew Kat before she became "Kat". Glad you had fun here.
Oren

Anita said...

So glad that you made it safely home! Please get rested up and take time to just enjoy the freshness of the world around you!

Carol Murdock said...

Kathryn I have been enjoying your blog for awhile now. Glad you made it back home!
Carol

Glynis Peters said...

Enjoying my visits :)