Monday, January 5, 2009

It is Happening...

I have a publisher. I have a title. I have a cover. I can't wait to see it all together.

I can't believe it is finally happening.

This blog is here because I wanted a place uncluttered by all my other "stuff" - a place I set aside just for what is happening with the "Virginia Kate" novel: Tender Graces. How strange to see that title! My novel had more than five titles...and more almost titles...and some "how about this titles!" I at first said "Oh, I don't know..." to Tender Graces. Why? A lovely title, a cadence, a poetry to it. Well, because I was afraid of Tender and I was afraid of Grace. I should examine that. I should wonder why those words worried me so. When paired with the cover image - it's going to make me cry; I just know it.

Virginia Kate will now come alive. I hope you will love her as I do.

Bellebooks is the best publisher I could ever have found - they took a chance with this writer in a publishing atmosphere that has agents and publishers and booksellers quaking. I will love them forever for it. They've been patient with my questions and concerns. With my emails of "what about THIS title...." and my "I'm a-skeered of grace and tender..." They know what I need before I do.

It is happening. I'm terrified and excited.

I changed my profile to "author" - can I do that now? Am I being too presumptuous? Am I in "the Club" now?

I'm shaking in my boots. I'm grinning like an idiot.

3 comments:

Angie Ledbetter said...

You've made it! Couldn't be happier or more proud! Yes!!!

Barb Davis said...

I can't wait to read it!!!

Janna Leadbetter said...

Yes, yes! It's time to don the AUTHOR title and shout it to the world. Woo hoo!