Sunday, February 7, 2010

Lots o' Links and more links!


Thought this cartoon was funny...teehee...I thought I'd post some links today, since it's been a while. Enjoy and happy clicking!




I stumbled on this while looking for something else:
bookscans vintage book covers and backcovers- they ask people to scan & send vintage book covers so they can keep a database. I thought it interesting to see what publishers thought would "sell books" through the years. So what did this author think of his cover when the publishers presented it? Was he/she excited? Happy? Did readers love it? hate it? Shrug it? I could write an entire post about book covers and authors and publishers and readers, but maybe another day. It's always interesting to read/hear reactions to authors bookcovers-both from the authors and from the readers!


LitChat is all books. All the time.We exist to bring readers and writers together for fun and fast 1-hour Twitter chats, M-W-F, 4 pm est. Join us. I "attended" a twitter lit chat last week and really enjoyed it. A supportive and fun group of writers and other literary folk.


helluo librorum lunch hour links for writers – Up now are posts on query letters; Teresa Frohock is very supportive of writers (and a good writer in her own right). Let's all support each other.



Living in Color with Steph Jordan and her other blog Divia City -- these blogs just make me smile - the colors, the artwork (like the one to the left), the energy and positive outlook. Living in Color is an interview blog, and Divia City is her personal blog. I've been visiting and enjoying her blogs, so was quite honored when she recently interviewed me (to be posted at a later date . . . up right now TLC host Mark Montano -My Big Ass Interview )


If you haven't been to the
Rose & Thorn Blog, head over there where there's author interviews, tips and tidbits, and other literary doo dahs - suscribe to receive the R&T blog (and newsletter) via email - it's quick, it's easy, spam free, and all free.




Bellebooks has a blog called "
Riding With The Top Down," and a recent post was a question posted to the publishers: why does it take so long to publish a book? It may open your eyes as to what publishers go through to get a book to print. TG and SG are with the imprint of Bellebooks-Bell Bridge Books.



This was something different I stumbled on:
The Impulsive Buy: They write: Putting the "ew" in Product Review *laugh*


I picked up this link from
Mike's Writing Workshop, where he was listed: 100 blogs that will improve your writing.


I love going to The Read on WNC - even if you aren't from 'round these parts, it's a great group of people: writers, poets, readers, playwrights.


For fun,
Free Will Astrology

WOW Women on Writing have a post up about Literary Agents Seeking Women's Fiction.



Our own Carol Murdock of the Writer's Porch has a new book blog, Book House Blog, and this post made my day where she talks about our area's beauty and authors - writing of Wayne Caldwell, and she included me. I was honored to be listed with Wayne--he is a gracious man and a gifted writer. Thank you Carol! Carol is another big supporter of writers, and adores books. I'll be her guest there soon...


And two agent blogs that I visit to to keep track of what's happening; they have different voices and takes on things in the publishing industry ...


From my msn page I saw this: 100 things that are getting better - I haven't clicked through them yet...but I'm all for looking at something positive!

So, there you go - plenty of links to click about and keep you busy, pick and choose or visit them all. Tell them Kat sent you, if you like. I'll try to provide links at least once a week.

GO SAINTS!


10 comments:

Kaye said...

Books covers are certainly an interesting topic. This current trend of using half a person or a headless person drives me crazy. I thought it was a flash in the pan fad but it has been going on now for quite a while. Great post and thanks for all the links.

Angie Ledbetter said...

Oooo, Ooo, Mr. Kotter - all these lovely links, but especially the NEW BOOK COVER! I can't wait to hold a copy.

Hugs, coffee mugs and GEAUX SAINTS! BLACK & GOLD SUPA BOWL!

Robin Lemke said...

Wow, I love the vintage covers! Thanks for posting the link!

The Unbreakable Child said...

a treasure trove of linkys, thanks kat!!
x0

Diane said...

Thanks for all the great links! Love your new book cover :O)

Analisa said...

I am loving the new book cover. It envokes so many memories from the first novel and an anticipation!!!

Deb said...

These look like great links, I'll have to check them out. Thanks Kat!

Suldog said...

Nice gathering of linkage. And The Saints won!

T. Frohock said...

I absolutely LOVE the cover for Secret Graces, it's beautiful!

Thanks so much for the link.

Stay safe up in them-there hills, we lowlanders got clobbered over the weekend with more coming tomorrow.

Teresa

Deb Shucka said...

What a treasure chest here. Looking forward to digging in. Thanks for sharing.